CLASSICAL MUSIC SUPPORT
- Designed for music lovers and audiophiles with limited computer skills, Sonata music server is the first software that supports an unlimited number of metadata fields, so that it exceeds the limits of other players that can only show and tag the fields: genre, album, artist, track, and in some cases,composer. This facility allows the user to sort and view his/her music collection in any way they want such as: Jazz albums (Genre) from the 60’s (Period) for guitar (Instrument), or in the case of classical music: albums from the romantic (Period) for piano (Instrument), played by Maurizio Pollini (Soloist). For your convenience, we have predefined 18 fields for selection and visualization that will allow you to select and view your music collection according to a criterion used by many collectors. These 18 predefined fields match the tagging structure used in our database of classical music, SonataDB. However you can delete or add fields as you like.
RIPPING AND MULTIFORMATS AUDIO SUPPORT
- You can automatically rip your CDs in the desired format (FLAC, WAV, MP3, ACC, AIFF, etc.) in about 4 minutes. Should you wish to rip your own collection with the assistance of an automated solution, ripping robots solutions are also available (see accessories). If you don’t wish to rip your collection, associated ripping partners in most countries can rip your collection in a short time, then you can import the music library from the hard disk and start playing. However, to allow you to immediately enjoy the SONATA, we’re delivering you some complimentary preloaded music in CD quality (FLAC) and hi-rez 24-96/192 (FLAC Stereo and 5.1) from some leading music labels.
SUPERB CD IDENTIFICATION
- The SONATA uses GD3 as a primary source of CD metadata with the world’s most comprehensive collection of extended data and high resolution images for classical music. In addition, our proprietary SonataDB classical database provides you access to nearly 50,000 albums with 18 fields of metadata and hi-resolution cover images which will automatically retrieve the metadata when you rip your collection. In order to ensure the most comprehensive coverage for CD identification, we also utilize FreeDB & MusicBrainz as secondary sources.
- The SONATA supports up to 4 audio zones, you can listen one music program in your main room and 3 other programs in others rooms, of course you can listen the same music in the 4 zones. Zones are controllable by the optional SonataWeb web interface from any PC or an iPhone/iTouch with the optional iSonata software or from any Android device. You can also stream music and videos to your iPhone/iTouch/iPad with optional DLNA Control software and to Android phones/tablets, this way, you can wirelessly enjoy your media wherever you’re at home, directly in the mobile devices with earbuds or trough a dock with associated speakers.
- The new SONATA supports audio formats to please the most demanding audiophiles users such as WASAPI and Kernel Streaming and play from memory for a perfect bit playing becoming a truly audiophile grade server that support up to 24bits-192Khz music files.
- Thanks to its DLNA 1.5 compatibility, you can use the SONATA as a DLNA Server (DMS) and Control Point (DMC) and as render (DMR). When using it as Control Point you can control any DLNA player such as NAS, TVs, Media Players, Blu-Ray , NAS/Rippers or hi-end streaming players such as Linn DS, Naim, that are DLNA or Assetc compatible, etc. FLEXIBLE REMOTE CONTROL CAPABILITY You can control the Sonata via three different methods: the built-in iSonata software, through your iTouch/iPhone, and by the web interface, SonataWeb, from any PC in the network. Besides, you can also use any Android tablet or phone to control and stream music to it.
ON PARLE FRANÇAIS, DEUTSCH GESPROCHEN, РОССИЯ ВЛАДЕЕТ…
- We provide 9 languages support (Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.) which allows you to manage the application in your native language. Other languages can be added on request.
MULTI PLATFORM SUPPORT
- The Sonata Music Server software can be installed on any Windows 7, XP or Vista PC or Tablet , and easily accepts music from a network transfer, or a USB connect hard drive.
- The SONATA MUSIC SERVER is the most economical, feature rich , plug & play music server in the industry for music lovers.